If you need to lift a golf cart without a kit, there are a few things you can do. First, find something that is the right height and width to fit under the golf cart’s tires. Second, place the object under the golf cart’s tires and make sure it is secure.
Third, use a jack to lift the golf cart off of the ground. fourth, remove the object from under the golf cart’s tires and lower the golf cart back down to the ground. Let’s check in detail.
- Park the golf cart on a level surface and set the parking brake
- Place a jack under the front of the golf cart, near one of the wheels
- Raise the jack until it is touching the underside of the golf cart frame
- Pump the jack handle to raise the golf cart off the ground
- Continue pumping until the wheel is about 6 inches off the ground
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each of the other wheels
How To Make A Golf Cart Lift Kit
Homemade Lift Kit for Golf Cart
If you are looking to add a little extra height to your golf cart, then a homemade lift kit may be the answer.
This can be a relatively easy project that can be completed in a few hours, and it will give you the ability to clear obstacles that may otherwise stop your progress.
There are a few different ways that you can go about creating a homemade lift kit for your golf cart.
- One option is to purchase some blocks that can be placed under the wheels. This will raise the entire vehicle up, and it should provide enough clearance for most obstacles.
- Another option is to create some spacers that can be placed between the body of the cart and the wheels. This will provide additional room for the tires to move, and it should give you enough clearance to get over just about anything.
Once you have decided on the method you want to use, it’s time to start gathering materials.
For either method, you will need some sturdy blocks or spacers and some bolts or screws (depending on what type of material you are using).
You will also need a drill and some basic tools so that you can put everything together. Once you have all of your materials gathered, take a look at my instructions below so that you can get started on this project.
- Measure how high you want your golf cart to sit off the ground and cut blocks accordingly. If using multiple blocks, make sure they are all uniform in size.
- Place each block under one wheel of the golf cart until all four wheels are raised up equally off of the ground.
- Use bolts or screws (and washers if needed) to attach each block securely to its corresponding wheel/axle. Make sure these fasteners are tight so there is no risk of movement while driving over bumpy terrain.
- Test drive your newly lifted golf cart around an obstacle course (or even just your driveway!) before taking it out on rougher terrain so that you know it is safe and secure.
Block Lift Kit for Golf Cart
A block lift kit is a great way to add some extra height to your golf cart. This can be especially helpful if you find yourself needing to go over tall obstacles or rough terrain.
There are a few different ways that you can go about installing a block lift kit, so be sure to do your research before beginning the project.
One thing to keep in mind is that you will likely need to replace some of the parts on your golf cart when you install a block lift kit.
For example, the shocks and springs will need to be replaced in order to accommodate the increased height. You’ll also want to make sure that the tires you select are able to handle the added weight and stress that comes with a taller ride.
Overall, installing a block lift kit can be a fun and rewarding experience. Just be sure to take your time, do your homework, and follow all instructions carefully in order to ensure a successful outcome.
How Do You Lift a Golf Cart Yourself?
If you need to lift a golf cart by yourself, there are a few things you can do to make the process easier. First, make sure that the golf cart is on level ground and that the wheels are locked.
Next, locate the lifting points on the golf cart- these are typically located near the front and rear wheels. To lift the golf cart, place your hands under the lifting points and slowly lift until the golf cart is off of the ground.
Once lifted, you can then move it to where you need it to go. When lowering the golf cart back down, be sure to do so slowly and carefully to avoid damaging it.
How Much Does It Cost to Put a Lift on a Golf Cart?
The average cost to put a lift on a golf cart is about $600. This includes the cost of materials and labor. The actual amount will vary depending on the size and type of golf cart you have, as well as the complexity of the lift kit itself.
Should I Put a Lift Kit on My Golf Cart?
There are a few things to consider before putting a lift kit on your golf cart. One is the terrain you’ll be driving on most often.
If you live in an area with hills and mountains, then a lift kit will give you the clearance you need to avoid hitting rocks or scrap bottoms.
But if you only drive your golf cart on flat surfaces, then a lift kit might not be necessary.
Another thing to think about is what kind of tires you want to use with your lifted golf cart. If you go with larger, off-road tires, then they may rub against the body of your cart or get caught on objects while driving.
So it’s important to make sure that the tires you choose will work well with a lift kit installed.
Finally, consider how much money you’re willing to spend on this modification. Lift kits can range in price from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand, so it’s important to set a budget before starting your shopping around.
Overall, there are pros and cons to installing a lift kit on your golf cart. It’s important to weigh all of these factors before making a decision so that you end up with something that best suits your needs and budget.
How Do You Lift a Golf Cart With Bigger Tires?
If you have a golf cart with bigger tires, you may be wondering how to lift it. There are a few different methods that you can use, depending on your particular situation. One option is to use a jack.
This is probably the easiest method, but it does require some lifting on your part.
- First, find a spot on the frame of the golf cart that is strong and stable. Place the jack under this spot, and then slowly crank it up until the tire is lifted off the ground.
- Another option is to use a winch. This will require attaching the winch to something sturdy, like a tree or fence post. Then, simply crank the handle on the winch until the golf cart is lifted off the ground.
- Finally, if you have access to a forklift or other heavy machinery, you can simply place the forks under the golf cart and lift it up that way. This is by far the easiest method, but it does require some equipment that not everyone has access to. No matter which method you choose, be sure to follow all safety instructions carefully in order to avoid injury or damage to your property.
Lifting a golf cart without a kit is possible, but it requires some special tools and knowledge. First, you’ll need a floor jack and two jack stands. Place the floor jack under the front of the golf cart and lift it up until the tires are off the ground.
Next, place the jack stands under the rear of the golf cart and lower it down onto them. Finally, use a ratchet strap or similar device to secure the golf cart to the jack stands.
With all of this in place, you should be able to safely lift your golf cart without any issues.